Friday, November 17, 2017

Serendipitious Dragonfruit

A few months ago, I was walking around Winter Park near a food truck event on Corrine Drive. Towards the end of the night, my friend and I went to get some food from the trucks we saw earlier; unfortunately, they were all in the process of closing down by this time. I asked a passerby cleaning his truck if there were any trucks still open. He said they were all out of food and offered a free dragonfruit in response (yes, I was just as puzzled).

Unfortunately, the dragonfruit went bad before I could eat it all, but it was not over. I had imagined there was a single, large seed in the middle (kind of like an avocado). Those of you who have eaten or grown dragonfruit may know, there are hundreds of tiny seeds inside! So I set them in a damp paper towel to begin germinating and shortly after, dozens of them began sprouting! I was amazed and can't wait until they grow into the stunning plants they will become.

Some comment about how the leaves are super thick like succulent leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment